TITLE: Patient Travel Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Manager of Patient Services
WORK WEEK: 40 hours per week
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
OSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: Low
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
Facilitates all travel authorizations for patients, from all departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Facilitates all Medicaid travel for patients, which includes arranging travel to medical appointments, and behavioral health appointments.
- Is an active member of the Care Team and actively participates in the Performance and Outcome
- Management System;
- Works with or trains staff on accurately completing travel template in eCW to help facilitate travel for patients.
- Works cooperatively with community agencies in assisting with travel for referrals from our office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provide clerical support and assistance to clinical staff to facilitate patient care and follow through.
- Be a patient advocate.
- Fills in for Health Unit Coordinators throughout organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
TEAM DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in facilitating coordination of care
- Effectively utilize electronic health record (EHR) to support care team, utilizing templates, documentation protocols and other available tools
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other members of Care Team
- Participates in Care Team training and learning activities
- Maintain confidentiality
- Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines
- Follow license criteria when licensure applies
- Maintain HIPAA compliance
Education: High school diploma
License: No license required.
Experience: 2 years relevant prior experience in a medical office preferred.
- Practice within the scope of education, training, and personal capabilities.
- Must be active team participant.
- Must be organized, a self starter, and highly motivated.
- Demonstrate proficiency in electronic data exchange (e-fax, electronic data transfer) processes.
- Must be computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office products and in computerized medical record data entry and be able to type 45 wpm.
- Possess “people skills” with all age-groups and enjoy working in a health care setting.
- Perform advanced clerical functions.
- Expected to read and respond timely to emails via Outlook.
- Expected to abide by the professional and ethical standards of the profession.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and expected to work the hours set by PCHS and/or the schedule set by supervisor.
- Expected to complete required trainings such as CPR, Mandt, Mental Health First Aid and any others deemed necessary for this position.
- Expected to pass a State required background and a pre-hire drug screen.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Occasional bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate in writing, in person and by phone.
- An individual in this position may be exposed to communicable diseases and other diseases common to health setting.
- Treat all co-workers and patients with dignity and respect
- Project a professional manner and image
- Adhere to ethical principles
- Communicate professionally & effectively – focus on cooperation and win/win outcomes
- Serve as Community Liaison
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS including the Employee Manual
- Follow and enforce the mission of PCHS
- Report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Expected to bring your best work and attitude to PCHS.
- Expected to handle complaints and grievances professionally, adhering to the employee manual and to uphold employee core values.
- Coordinates with other clinic support staff
- Coordinates with providers
- Works under the direction of Nurse Manager and in close cooperation with providers, works with minimal supervision, within the framework of established procedures and protocols
- Does not supervise any other employee
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an "at will employment" policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it's employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it's employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I certify that all the statements herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.
I agree to any pre-hire testing PCHS requires.
I am aware of and agree to a background check required by the Alaska Background Check Program and pre-hire drug screen. I acknowledge that I must clear both before a formal offer can be made by PCHS.