JOB TITLE: Individual Service Provider, Adult Services Programs: Community Support Program
REPORTS TO: Clinical Team Leader
WORK WEEK: 10 - 40 hours per weeks depending on status.
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt - starting at $11.54 per hour, with increase at 90 days to $12.06, based on successful completion of 90 day introductory period.
OSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: Medium
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT:
Under the direction of the Clinical Team Leader, provides rehabilitation services to adults with serious mental illness to support their personal recovery. This position is responsible for psychosocial evaluation and education related to a recipient’s behavioral health condition, encouraging, coaching, counseling, and teaching needed life skills. He/She must have knowledge of psychological rehabilitation principles and techniques and the ability to model and instruct in basic activities of daily living. May be assigned to the Community Support Program, Supported Housing, or a combination.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Responsible for providing individual or skill development services to clients as assigned.
- Responsible for documenting service encounters in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining professional, respectful and effective working relationships with staff, consumers and community professionals/agencies.
- Provides psychosocial rehabilitation services to adults with severe mental illness, working under supervision of the directing clinician, in collaboration with the case manager to assist in the achievement of goals and objectives identified in the consumer treatment plan.
- Services may be provided in the recipient’s residence, workplace, school, or any other appropriate community setting identified in the recipient’s behavioral health treatment plan.
- If assigned to support housing, must stay in the facility, awake, alert and providing rehab services, especially if there is no other staff in the building.
- If assigned to supported housing, assists with overall program activities through the provision of individualized rehabilitation services.
- Documents service provision in a timely manner. Documentation shall be compliant with supervisory instruction and according to protocols established by PCHS.
- Assists with the management of client emergency situations, and contacts supervisors and/or other authorities as needed.
- Participates in recovery plan updates with consumer, directing clinician, case manager and other people as identified.
- Participates in staff meetings, and satisfactorily completes required training in a timely manner.
- Adheres to appropriate professional, ethical, and legal standards, and complies with organizational privacy and client confidentiality practices.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and expected to work the hours set by PCHS and/or the schedule set by supervisor.
- Must complete required trainings such as CPR, Mental Health First Aid and any others deemed necessary for this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines
- Maintain HIPAA compliance
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
License: No professional license required
Experience: Prefer experience in working with severely mentally ill adults and knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Able to work flexible hours – housing is staffed 24/7.
- Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office products and type a minimum of 25 words per minute.
- Documentation must be completed accurately within 3-5 business days.
- Expected to read and respond timely to emails through Outlook.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to work effectively with people who have a diverse set of personalities, interests, skills and with a wide range of topics.
- Positive work ethic and attitude.
- Must pass State-required background and pre-hire drug screen.
- Treat all co-workers and clients with dignity and respect
- Project a professional manner and image
- Adhere to ethical principles
- Communicate professionally & effectively – focus on cooperation and win/win outcomes
- Serve as Community Liaison
- Follow and enforce the mission of PCHS
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS including the Employee Manual
- Report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent
- Expected to bring your best work and attitude to PCHS.
- Expected to Assume Good Intent towards fellow employees.
- Expected to handle complaints and grievances professionally, adhering to the employee manual and to uphold employee core values.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional bending, stooping and stretching
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate documents and papers
- May be occasional lifting papers or boxes up to 15 pounds
- Coordinates duties with Adult Dept Services Coordinator and/or Clinical Team Leader.
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an “at will employment” policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it’s employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it’s employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I certify that all the statements herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.
I agree to submit to any pre-hire testing PCHS requires.
I am aware of and agree to a background check required by the Alaska Background Check Program and pre-hire drug screen. I acknowledge that I must clear both before a formal offer can be made by PCHS.