TITLE: Patient Services Rep - All PCHS locations
REPORTS TO: Manager of Patient Services
WORK WEEK: Part-time, up to 35 hours per week
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
OSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: Low
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
This position exists to provide a more personal telephone contact, as well as confirming appointments and assisting with clerical tasks. This position will also help facilitate access to care, to educate patients on policies and programs and to provide the necessary paperwork in a smooth and timely manner that begins the process when patients arrive to see the provider.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Possess and utilize professional telephone techniques.
- Be proficient with telephone equipment and its functions.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Make and confirm appointments.
- Communicate patient needs to clinical assistants (medical or dental) and/or providers.
- Discusses treatment plans and future appointments with patients.
- Be proficient in computerized data entry.
- Be proficient in all electronic health records and be able to cover any front desk when needed.
- Explain office policies, procedures and programs to patients.
- Assist patients in gathering their data. Assure completeness of clinic forms.Issues necessary correspondence relating to treatment and office policy.
- Recognizes and responds to emergencies.
- Facilitates patient referrals.
- Verify coverage with the patients’ payer source.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is required and expected to work the hours set by PCHS and/or the schedule set by supervisor.
- Expected to complete required trainings such as CPR, Mandt, Mental Health First Aid and any others deemed necessary for this position.
- Other duties as required.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION
- Possess a basic understanding of computerized appointment program.
- A basic knowledge of medical/dental terminology and anatomy and physiology.
- Collect fees and issue receipts.
- Clerical skills including data entry & scanning.
- Maintain electronic medical records (including data entry & scanning).
- Comply with "Universal Precautions" for infection control
- Reports dental center needs to appropriate parties (ie supplies, equipment maintenance)
- Verifies that procedure codes and charges are correct
- Maintains HIPAA compliance
- Follows federal, state and local legal guidelines
- Maintains OSHA & HIPAA compliance
- Reports any evidence of abuse or neglect to provider or appropriate official
Education: HS Diploma
License: No license required
Experience: One year experience as a front desk administrative assistant preferred.
- Be able to operate telephone system and maintain functions of the system.
- Possess “people skills” and enjoy working in a health care setting.
- Possess the tact required for fielding telephone traffic in a health care setting.
- Maintain cleanliness in work areas as required.
- Must be computer literate, proficient with Microsoft Office Products and be able to type a minimum of 25 wpm.
- Expected to read and respond timely to emails through Outlook.
- Pass State required background and a pre-hire drug screen.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Prolonged sitting, chiefly at a telephone and computer terminal.
- Occasional bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a telephone, and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriately.
- May occasionally lift boxes up to 15 pounds.
- Treat all co-workers and patients with dignity and respect
- Project a professional manner and image
- Adhere to ethical principals
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Abide by the policies and procedures outlined by PCHS including the Employee Manual
- Serve as a Community Liaison
- Follow and enforce mission of PCHS
- Report any safety and/or health concerns to management as soon as they become apparent
- Expected to bring your best work & attitude to PCHS
- Expected to Assume Good Intent towards fellow employees
- Expected to handle complaints and grievances professionally, adhering to the employee manual and to uphold employee core values.
- Communicates and coordinates with clinic staff as necessary
- Works closely with clinical assistants to assure that the needs of each patient are met
- Works under the direction and supervision of the Manager of Patient Services.
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an "at will employment" policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it's employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it's employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I am aware of and agree to a background check required by the Alaska Background Check Program and pre-hire drug screen. I acknowledge that I must clear both before a formal offer can be made by PCHS.
I certify that all the statements herein are true