TITLE: Family Nurse Practitioner
REPORTS TO: Medical Director
WORK WEEK: Scheduled in the clinic 40 hours per week, but may be required to work longer hours to ensure tasks and duties are accomplished in accordance with roles and responsibilities.
WAGE CLASSIFICATION: Exempt – Professional
OSHA RISK CLASSIFICATION: High
SUMMARY POSITION STATEMENT
This position exists to provide family practice medical care to our patient population.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
* Evaluate and treat patients within the privilege range granted by the PCHS Board, and within the scope of training, capabilities, and license criteria as a health care provider.
* Be a patient advocate.
* Coordinate health promotional activities.
* Provide patient follow-up as necessary for continuity of care.
* Coordinate care with other health care providers when referrals are necessary.
* Be familiar with and follow adopted PCHS community health center standards of care.
* Maintain accurate, complete, and timely documentation regarding patient contacts within (EMR) patient charts.
* Assess grant criteria and incorporate into the patient encounter.
TEAM DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
* Conduct support groups in subjects related to physical and emotional health.
* Apply computer techniques to support EMR patient record entries.
* Understands and supports the concept of the Chronic Care Model and the Health Disparities Collaborative.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Follow federal, state and local legal guidelines.
* Follow license criteria.
* Maintain HIPAA compliance.
Education: Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program. National Board Certification as a Nurse Practitioner. Masters degree in nursing (would consider Bachelor degree and 5 years experience.)
License: Maintain an active RN & Nurse Practitioner license with the State of Alaska.
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in a clinic setting.
* Working knowledge of health care facility.
* Maintain contacts in the community to enhance public relations with area providers & community groups.
* Promote facility programs at every possibility.
* Assist in development of educational programs to enhance patient care.
* Assist in developing staff education.
* Maintain CME criteria as defined by license requirements.
* Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a diverse set of employees / patients with multiple disciplines in both clinic and administrative settings.
* Demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
* Travel as needed for training and educational opportunities.
* Record statistics and conducts research as deemed necessary.
Pass State required background check plus pre-hire drug screen.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Occasional bending, stooping, lifting, and stretching.
* Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, telephone, and medical equipment.
* Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to assess patients as well as record, prepare and communicate in writing, in person and by phone.
* An individual in this position may be exposed to communicable diseases and other diseases common to health settings, bloodborne pathogens, and physical hazards (e.g. needle sticks, etc.).
* Requires occasional lifting and transferring patients.
* Works closely with Medical Director to assist with training & helping develop clinical personnel skills & proficiencies.
* Works closely with health care provider colleagues.
* Receives direct supervision from Medical Director.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR RESUME INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
***PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING APPLICANT'S STATEMENT TO WHICH
YOU ARE AGREEING TO WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ***
I understand that the employer follows an "at will employment" policy, in that I or the employer may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason consistent with applicable state or federal law. I understand that this application is not a contract of employment. I understand that federal law prohibits the employment of unauthorized aliens; all persons hired must submit satisfactory proof of employment authorization and identity; failure to submit such proof will result in denial of employment. I understand this application will be active for a period of one year; after that time, if I wish to be considered for employment, I must submit a new application.
I voluntarily authorize any present or former employer, firm, school, hospital, university, or government agency and it’s employees or agents to release any and all information concerning my former position to any prospective employer, or it's employees or agents, making a request for such information. I understand that the information may include, but is not necessarily limited to, performance reports, transcripts, job descriptions, disciplinary reports and opinions regarding my suitability for the position.
I voluntarily release and hold harmless former employers, schools, hospitals or government agencies, and their employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, or damages arising from the disclosure or release of information or opinions concerning my professional qualifications.
I certify that all the statements herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and understand that any falsification or willful omission shall be sufficient cause for dismissal or refusal of employment.
I agree to submit to any pre-hire testing PCHS requires.
I am aware of and agree to a background check required by the Alaska Background Check Program and pre-hire drug screen. I acknowledge that I must clear both before a formal offer can be made by PCHS.